Sunday 6 May 2012

Cleaning the color wheel

As I mentioned in my last post, my projector was not working...a really good example of the symptoms can be seen in this You Tube post...

Color wheel problem example

so, having decided that I just needed to get on to it...a bit of searching turned up no clear instructions on how to investigate and fix this for the HD72. I did find a very useful document that describes replacing the bulb on the HD72 and that I used to replace my bulb a couple of years ago. This gave me the basic instructions for getting inside, but I also decided to write my own guide for others that might follow in my footsteps. This can be found at...

Clean Optoma HD72 colour wheel

I hope this is of use to others, as the links above were useful in building my confidence to give this a go.

The projector is now clean, re-installed and running sweetly (my wife claims it is quieter after the cleaning also). That's a huge relief. At least we have the internet TV back working in the basement... getting broadcast working down there is the next part of the project. I need to wait until I can get the parts to try that again, but will post progress as I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment