Tuesday 24 April 2012

Not raining, pouring

Just before I left for a week of business travel, my Optoma HD72 decided to start acting up. So not only does the basement have no OTA TV at the moment, the internet TV is out of action until I can get this fixed. Searching on Google suggests that the cause of the symptoms I see are a defective color wheel (or color wheel sensor). Many posts indicate that dust/dirt on the color wheel sensor  can cause this, and cleaning can get rid of the problem. Unfortunately, this means surgery when I get home to open up the box and give it a good clean out.

On the bright side, many users report successful cleanings, so I am hopeful. However, I am sure this will be a stressful job.

Updates at the weekend when I've had a chance to run this.

No comments:

Post a Comment