Friday 20 April 2012

Quit while you are ahead

After a bit of tinkering, I have still been unable to get satisfactory performance from the EyeTv One. The s/w seems OK, but I am concerned that the h/w is too flaky. After lots of deliberating I have decided to return the EyeTV one back to Amazon and seek a different solution. The returns process seems pretty slick, but since this is the first time that I have used it, I'll report on how it goes when the credit is returned.

I now need to find an alternative solution for the projector in the basement. Currently I am looking at a couple of different options....

Elgato HD Home Run : This uses a different hardware solution but with the same EyeTV software as the other Elgato products. A little more expensive, but it does provide a 2 tuner solution. Research under way on this.

Kworld HDMI based HD TV Tuner : This provides a TV only solution with no PVR function.

Channel Master CM7001 : Another option for the TV only tuner.

Many of the cheaper DTV tuners only seem to have SD video interfaces as they assume that you have an older SD TV with no ASTC tuner. For the few of us with projectors we need a box with an HD output and that gets more expensive...

Hey, looks like I'm watching the Stanley Cup playoffs on the samller HD panels at home for the time being. Go Sens Go !

No comments:

Post a Comment