Monday 16 April 2012

Cut Off Day !

Today is cable tv cut off day in our house ! Final preparations have been going on over the weekend - in between kids hockey - and I have installed the final RF cable to route new OTA antenna, via a splitter, to my basement equipment room so that we can watch the Stanley Cup playoffs on the projection TV. Pulling the cable was the biggest pain - a sore arm and a lot of swearing later and I have it fed through the basement ceiling cavity so it is invisible for my wife. I connected it up to the EyeTV One and installed the s/w on the Mac mini. Boom, 12 channels tuned in and worked perfectly. I am hoping that when my RF amp arrives I can take this to 14, but time will tell. I have not set up the PVR functionality yet (no time last night) but I can watch HD CBC so we're good for the playoffs.

I'll get the PVR set up soon and report in more detail on the progress... and life without cable TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment